Stuffed bell peppers are so easy and delicious. Complete with protein, grains, and vegetables, it is the perfect quick weeknight meal.
Bell peppers are packed with vitamins and minerals your body needs. They are an excellent source of vitamin A and C, potassium, fiber, folate, and iron. Vitamin A is essential for eye health, and vitamin C increases the absorption of iron. Potassium and fiber are important for heart health.
- 6 bell peppers *(I only make 3, but use enough ingredients for 6 to use for later)
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 zucchini
- 1 cup mushrooms
- 1Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 can crushed tomato
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1/2 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Cut tops off of bell peppers. Remove seeds and membranes from the pepper set in a casserole dish.
- Place bell peppers in the oven with a small amount of water in the bottom of the dish to cook for 15 minutes.
- Brown the ground turkey or beef in a skillet with minced garlic.
- Chop up tops of bell peppers, zucchini, and mushrooms for the filling.
- Once the meat is browned, add the chopped vegetables to the skillet. Cook until tender.
- Remove from heat. Mix in crushed tomatoes, rice, and seasoning.
- Remove peppers from the oven. Fill peppers with mixture. Place the remaining mixture around peppers in the pan.
- Top with shredded cheese. Cover with foil.
- Return the pan to the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
Want to learn about Nutrition Coaching? Schedule a free 30-minute Nutrition Coaching Strategy Session to speak with our Registered Dietitian about your health goals and see if nutrition coaching would be a good fit for you.